Black Friday is the day following Thanksgiving Day in the USA (the 4th Thursday of November). Since 1932, it has been observed as the beginning of the Christmas shopping season in the U.S., and most major vendors open very early (and more recently during overnight hours) and offer promotional sales. Black Friday is not an official holiday.
Black Friday was originally an American tradition, dropping on the day after Thanksgiving each year. Sellers offer huge discounts on a masses of products in an attempt to persuade you to spend your hard earned in the run-up to Christmas.
But UK sellers have jumped on the bandwagon in recent years so bargain hunters over here get the chance at some festive deals.
Why Black Friday is so Popular?
Here are some of the reasons why Black Friday is so popular:
- Significant discounts: Stores offer discounts on various merchandise, from electronics and toys to clothing and appliances.
- The thrill of the hunt: Many shoppers enjoy searching for the best deals and trying to beat other shoppers to the best items.
- The start of the holiday season: Black Friday is the unofficial start of the holiday shopping season, and many people use it to kick off their holiday shopping.
While Black Friday can be a great way to save money on holiday gifts, being a savvy shopper and avoiding impulse purchases is important. Awareness of the potential for crowds and traffic congestion is also essential.
Black Friday was once called “Big Friday.”
Black Friday is the name given to the shopping day after Thanksgiving. It was called Black Friday because the volume of shoppers created traffic accidents and sometimes even violence. In the 1950s, people began calling in sick the day after Thanksgiving to give themselves a four-day weekend.
The first recorded use of the term “Black Friday” was applied not to holiday shopping but to financial crises, specifically, the crash of the U.S. gold market on September 24, 1869.
What is it’s Black Friday’s real name?
Freyja NicLeòid (born: March 4, 1987 (1987-03-04) [age 36]), better known online as It’s Black Friday, is a New Zealander YouTuber known for her goth fashion and beauty advice, vlogs, DIYs, and band interviews.
- In the 1800s, “Black Friday” describes stock market crashes.
- The predecessor to Black Friday was the Santa Claus parades.
- Black Friday is the busiest day of the year for plumbers.
- Holiday shoppers ultimately determined the date for Thanksgiving.
Black Friday 2023
24th November 2023
Black Friday 2024
29th November 2024
Black Friday 2025
28th November 2025
Black Friday 2026
27th November 2026
You may also read:
- GTA 6 : Everything That You Should Know
- The Battle for Glory: Ind vs Aus World Cup Final 2023 – Who Will Triumph?
- Virat kohli Centuries
- ICC World Cup 2023: Semi-final match dates, venues announced
- Methods to Resize an Image in Different Formats
- Step by Step to see erased Tweets in 2023
- Difference between College and University?
- Is Walden University Accredited?
- 2024 Top Trade Schools in America
- Meditation: The Best way to Heal all the Pain
- Netflix error code nw-2-5 how to fix